TGIA (Thank God It's Alateen)
- Part of Al-Anon Family Groups.
- For young people who have been affected by someone else's drinking.
Alateen is a place where members come together to:
- share experiences, strength, and hope with each other to find effective ways to cope with problems.
- discuss difficulties and encourage one another.
- help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program through the use of the Twelve Steps and Alateen’s Twelve Traditions.
Alateen is Not...
- A program for young people seeking sobriety.
- To complain about parents or someone else
- A social hangout.